This 4days safari to Selous and Mikumi gives you chance to possibly spot the big game animals in these amazing places, and a chance to do boat safari along Rufiji river in Selous game reserves
Itinerary Description By Day
Day 1: Pick Up, transfer to Selous Game Reserve
You will be picked up from Dar early morning of this day at around 05:30 hours to start trip to Selous Game reserve. When you get to the Reserve you will be checked in at your accommodation, have lunch and later on at around 15:00 hours will go for boat safari on the Rufiji river.
Dinner and overnight stay at Africa Safari Camp.
Day 2: Game drives in Selous Game Reserve enroute to Mikumi
This day will be dedicated to enjoying the wilderness of the great Selous Game reserve. You will leave early morning of this day with packed breakfast and lunch boxes to go for game drives covering different attractions within the reserve.
You will continue with drive enroute to Mikumi town via Kisaki village and Morogoro town. When you arrive in Mikumi you will be checked in and taken to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay within the park.
Dinner and overnight stay at the Mikumi Park Cottages.
Day 3: Full day game drive – Mikumi National Park
On this day you will be taken for sunrise game drives starting from 06:30 hours till around 08:30 whereby you will have breakfast, there after continue with game drives till the end of full day game drives at around 16:30 hours. In Mikumi National Park expect to see animals such as Lions, Buffalos, Giraffe, Wildebeest, Zebras, Impalas, Warthogs, elephants, hippos, more than 300 bird species and various plant species.
Dinner and overnight stay within the park at the Park Cottages.
Day 4: Sunrise game drive and Transfer back to Dar
Early in the morning of this day you will have sunrise game drive from around 06:30 to 08:00 hours then will come back to the hotel for breakfast and start trip back to Dar via Morogoro town. Possible to connect to Zanzibar by taking the last boat at 16:00 hours.
Once in Dar you will be taken to your residency and that will be the end of your 4 days/3 nights tour to Selous Game Reserve and Mikumi National Park.
PRICE INCLUDES PRICE EXCLUDES • Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.