We are passionate about Kilimanjaro at Mkama Tours to Tanzania Limited , and we will provide you with a safe, affordable, and unforgettable journey to the top of Africa’s highest mountain.
Kilimanjaro is the world’s highest free standing, snow-covered equatorial mountain. Mount Kilimanjaro continues to preserve a mysticism that defies all recent knowledge of her slopes. Images of the towering snow-covered cone rising majestically from fertile green foothills have become a powerful motif of Tanzania’s extraordinary extremes. Few could deny a very distinct sense of awe when the cloud clears to reveal a glimpse of the towering peaks, shining bright in the equatorial sun.
No previous experience is required to Climb Kilimanjaro. However, participants are expected to have a reasonable level of fitness in order to attempt an ascent of one of the world’s 7 highest peaks.
There are six principal trails up the mountain: Marangu, Machame, Lemosho, Umbwe,Shira and Rongai. These are all hiking routes. The most popular route is the Marangu route. It takes about five days and involves walking about 85 kilometres.
|• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
|• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.