Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority has recently taken total control of one of its trail within the Northern Highland Forest Reserve (NHFR). In the past, Gibbs Farm Lodge which is situated just few meters outside the Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority boundary to the south was responsible for organizing all the hikes into the forest.
Day 1: DAY TOURS SAFARI ITINERARY to Tour Ngorongoro Crater
Best way to get to Ngorongoro Crater
Anyone can go there by road from Arusha to Lodoare Gate entrance gate which is 160 kilometers long. The road is recently built and the entire journey is on tarmac and it takes about two hours. Unless you stay in the main roads, which are graveled, a 4×4 safari vehicle is essential when entering tour Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti National Park.
DAY TOURS SAFARI ITINERARY to Tour Ngorongoro Crater
An early morning departure at 6:00am from Arusha town to Ngorongoro Crater. After completing the necessary registration formalities at Loduare National Park Gate, you will descend the Ngorongoro Crater for the crater tour. This 100 square miles natural amphitheater is host to an astonishing array of wildlife and you may be lucky enough to see Rhino, Elephant and Lion as well as large herds of Zebras and Wildebeests. A picnic lunch box will be taken inside the crater floor – late in the afternoon you will exit the crater and then drive back to Arusha in order to stay overnight on your own arrangements.
|PRICE INCLUDES||PRICE EXCLUDES|
|• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees|
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
|• Flights and airport taxes|
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.