A 5 day Kilimanjaro Trekking enables you to climb Mt Kilimanjaro via Marangu route. The mountain is the highest in Africa filled with beautiful landscape and scenery. It’s unique since it has different vegetation zones including vegetation forest, heather, alpine desert and summit volcanic zone.
Day 1: Transfer To Kilimanjaro National Park Gate
Arrive at the Marangu gate in Moshi for registration formalities. Start climbing through tropical rainforest of coffee and banana plantations at the base of Kilimanjaro. Ascend to reach Mandara hut (2743 meters) for overnight stay.
Day 2: Climb To Horombo Hut
Trek through rain forest for spectacular views of Kilimanjaro(Kibo and Mawenzi). The trail leads to Horombo Hut (3720 meters) for the evening rest in the camp. Dinner and sleep at the hut.
Day 3: Hike To Kibo Hut
Ascend through barren volcanic landscape to the lunar desert of the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo. Continue hiking to arrive at Kibo Hut (4700 meters) in the mid-day. Take the rest of the day off resting and taking much fluids in preparing for the final ascent. Retire to bed early around 19:00.
Day 4: Ascend To Gilman’s Point To Uhuru Peak
Wake up at 23:30 for a hot cup of tea and biscuits. Add more warm clothes as the temperature tends to decrease. Leave at 1:00 am passing through volcanic scree to the summit ridge at Gilman’s Point (5700 meters). Arrive in time for sunrise to enjoy the magnificent view
If interested, take another 1:30 hrs to Uhuru Peak (5895 meters) the highest peak of the mountain. Enjoy a fantastic experience while taking pictures and feeling accomplished standing at the roof of Africa.
After a little rest and refreshments, start descending down the mountain which is quite fast. Arrive at Horombo hut after 11 hours of walking for resting and overnight stay.
Day 5: Descend To Marangu Gate Through Mandara
After breakfast, descend through moorland walk to Mandara for little rest.
Continue walking through the green forest for 5-6 hours to arrive at the gate. Upon your arrival, get awarded with certificates for a successful climb (golden certificates are awarded to hikers who reached Uhuru peak while green certificates are awarded to those who reached Gilman’s peak). Head back to hotel in Moshi/ Arusha or depart for a flight back home.
|PRICE INCLUDES||PRICE EXCLUDES|
|• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees|
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
|• Flights and airport taxes|
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.