You will enjoy and experience nature, also peoples and culture. Availability 90% Sure, Book Today
Minimum Rate Per Adult: US$
Departing From: Arusha
Duration: 6 Days / 5 Nights
Departure Time: 0830 Hrs (possible to leave earlier than)
Minimum Persons Required: 2
Best Time: All the year round
Day 1: Into Lushoto
In the morning at 0730hrs depart from Arusha or Moshi or from Dar to Lushoto West Usambara where you will arrive in the early afternoon for lunch. Afternoon walk or drive to Irente viewpoint and Irente Farm. The farmers produce many types of fruits, which are sold in Arusha, Dar, Moshi and Morogoro. Meals and overnight in Lawns hotel, White house hotel, Grant hotel or Campsite FB
Day 2: Lushoto – Magamba forest – 6-7hrs
Breakfast followed by walking to the Magamba rainforest, visit an old stranch dug by the German during World War 1, the guide will provide an explanation of German and British Colonial history. proceed on walking thru the rainforest of Magamba to the village of Lukozi for dinner and overnight in guest house or camping. FB
Day 3: Magamba – Usambara villages – 5-6hrs
Breakfast, then walk along valleys and sloping hillsides of the inner Usambara Mountain passing by the vegetable farms lined with eucalyptus and banana trees. You will pass thru the villages of Malindi, Makose and Kagulio, proceed to Rangwi Catholic mission for dinner and overnight, in Rest house or Camping FB.
Day 4: Usambara villages
After breakfast walk to Mamboleo or Tema villages, these villages are well known for their soil conservation and traditional irrigation project which concentrate on the development of stone and bench terraces to improve farming, thorough explanation by your guide on how the people of Shambaa tribe living in the area do keep their surrounding environment. Dinner and overnight at Mamboleo village camping. FB
Day 5: Usambara Mtae
After breakfast, proceed on walking to Mtae and there after you will climb Shegayu peak 2,220 m, where on clear days you will be able to see Mt. Kilimanjaro and Taita hills across the border to Kenya. You will have lunch enroute, dinner and overnight at Mtae. FB.
Day 6: Mtae – Lushoto – next travel
Wake up at 0600hrs for early morning breakfast, after breakfast check out from Mtae and yet in the private vehicles for Lushoto where you will arrive in time for lunch. After lunch the driver with take you back to Arusha or proceed with your next travel
|PRICE INCLUDES||PRICE EXCLUDES|
|• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees|
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
|• Flights and airport taxes|
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.