Mount Meru Climbing 4 days, Tanzania’s second highest peak 4566m. Climbing up and down on the same route with spectacular diversified view of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Ngorongoro highlands, the whole of Arusha town and more. Huts are available along the route for your accommodation.
You will enjoy and experience nature, wildlife, habit and habitat of the fauna and flora in the natural areas, also peoples and culture.
Minimum Rate Per Adult:
Departing From: Arusha
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Departure Time: 0830 Hrs (possible to leave earlier than)
Minimum Persons Required: 2
Best Time: All the year round
Day 1: Arusha – Miriakamba Hut
In the morning at 0830hrs pick up from your hotel in Arusha town and transfer 30km to Momela gate, head to the starting point of the climbs. At the gate meet with your mountain CREW and after all regulations have been finished start ascending the mountain with packed lunch to Miriakamba hut for dinner and overnight. FB
Day 2: Miriakamba – Sadle hut
Breakfast at Sadle then proceed with your trekking up with lunch enroute, this is a wonderful climb, you will also be doing game viewing enroute on both ascending and descending the mountain, an armed ranger guide will be the main guide on your climbing. Dinner and overnight in Sadle hut. FB
Day 3: Sadle/ Summit – Miriakamba Hut
Morning call in the midnight with a cup of tea for your final ascend to the summit 4566m, the second highest mountain in Tanzania. Your guide will advice time to spend on the peak and time to start descending according to the present weather, then back to Sadle for lunch, there after lunch proceed with your climbing down for dinner and overnight Miriakamba hut. FB
Day 4: Miriakamba – Momela Gate – ARUSHA
After breakfast, walk for your final descend with lunch on the way to Momela gate where all who have made it will be rewarded certificates. Your crew will be waiting for their tips before you get in the private vehicle for Arusha
|PRICE INCLUDES||PRICE EXCLUDES|
|• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees|
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
|• Flights and airport taxes|
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.