You will enjoy and experience nature, peoples and culture, wildlife, habit and habitat of the fauna and flora in the natural areas.
Minimum Rate Per Adult: US$
Departing From: Arusha or Moshi
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Departure Time: 0830 Hrs (possible to leave earlier than)
Minimum Persons Required: 2
Best Time: All the year round
Day 1: Arusha – Manka
In the morning pick up from your hotel in Arusha and drive to Manka on Mbaga hills at Hill Top Cottage for lunch, the starting center of the tour. After lunch short hike to the famous Malameni Rock, Hiding place and Mghimbi caves. Dinner and overnight at the Hill Top Tona Cottages or camping FB
Day 2: Manka – Chome Village Kisaka Villa
Wake up at 0630 hrs for an early breakfast followed by hiking Tona Moorland, heading to Tona Ranz Dam for 2hrs. Missionary Mr. D.J. Danholz had a wheat farm at Tona Moorland. Proceed to Chome village where you will arrive in the early afternoon for lunch. Enjoy the scenery of the as the village is very green and famous for producing vegetable and fruits. Dinner and overnight in Kisaka villa Inn or Camping FB
Day 3: Chome – Shengena Mountain – Chome
Breakfast in Chome, and then ascend Mt. Shengena, which rise at 2463m, the highest point in both Pare and Usambara Mountains. Proceed with your walking up through Shengena forest reserve, which consist of endemic plant species and the Shengena black and white Colobus monkeys. 3 hrs walk, you will reach on the peak where on clear days you will be able to view Mt. Meru, Kilimanjaro and Usambaras. Another 3hrs descend to Chome arriving in the early afternoon for lunch. After lunch relax at Leisure in the lodge/camp or walk around the area. Dinner and overnight in Chome at Kisaka Villa or Camping. FB
Day 4: Chome – Manka – Arusha
After breakfast, walk back to Manka where you will arrive in the early afternoon in time for lunch. After lunch the drive will take you back to Arush
|PRICE INCLUDES||PRICE EXCLUDES|
|• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees|
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
|• Flights and airport taxes|
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.