You will enjoy and experience nature, wildlife, habit and habitat of the fauna and flora in the natural areas, also peoples and culture.
Minimum Rate Per Adult: US$
Departing From: Arusha/Moshi
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Departure Time: 0830 Hrs (possible to leave earlier than)
Minimum Persons Required: 2
Best Time: All the year round
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arusha – Longido
In the morning at 0830hrs pick up from your hotel from Arusha Town and drive 80km to Longido Town. Walk 10min to Oltepesi and head to Kimokouwa Campsite short walk around while waiting for lunch. Afternoon walk with a guide in the scattered bush for a look of Gerenuk, lesser kudu, klipspringer, giraffe, zebra, buffalo, gazelles, jackals and mongoose. Meals and overnight at Kimokouwa Campsite FB.
Day 2: Mount Longido Climb
Early breakfast then at 0700hrs then follows hiking on Mount Longido 2629 meters. Ascend with a guide thru dense natural forest where in 3 hours you will arrive at dawa ya supu/ medicine soup viewpoint. Proceed following trails created by buffalos the Maasai warriors will five signals to alert buffaloes that they may not attack on you. 2 hours later arrive at the peak and view all Northern Tanzania Mountains. 3 hours descend you will arrive at the camp for lunch then get in the vehicle and drive back to Arusha for dinner and overnight in the hotel or campsite. FB
Day 3: Arusha – Ilkidinga
In the morning at 0830hrs after breakfast drive 8km to Ilkidinga at Sembeos household where the tour starts. Walk thru the forest reserve across Ngarenaro River climb Leleto hill where you can view the whole of Arusha Town Maasai steppe and its volcanoes. After picnic lunch visit the Maasai worshiping center located under a BIG fig tree, also visit Maasai herbalist Craftsmen and if time allows walk to the waterfall. Later the drive will take you to Arusha Khan open restaurant for barbecue dinner overnight in lodge or campsite FB.
Day 4: Mulala
Breakfast followed by 30km drive to Mulala at the slopes of Mt. Meru. A walk guided tour criss-crossing coffee and banana farms hike to the peak of Lemeka hill for a view if the Valleys. Proceed to the farm of Mr. Karoniya who is a traditional herbalist. Lunch in the family house or enroute and after lunch visit various women?s groups and experience home cheese making diary before you drive back to Arusha town in the evening
|PRICE INCLUDES||PRICE EXCLUDES|
|• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees|
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
|• Flights and airport taxes|
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.