This 6-day wilderness safari offers the experience to explore some of the best national parks and reserves of northern Tanzania.
From the Serengeti, home of the great annual migration, to the Ngorongoro Crater, the largest intact volcanic caldera in the world, this safari allows you to experience the real Africa. The Mkama Tours to Tanzania will also offer you to visit Lake Manyara National Park and spot their famous tree-climbing lions.
Depart Arusha in the afternoon and head south passing through the Masai Steppe with its many African villages and coffee plantations. Continue up out of the Great Rift Valley and enjoy fantastic views over the distant Lake Manyara.
Arrive at the Lake Manyara Serena Lodge in the late afternoon. The camp is located high on a cliff with stunning views across the volcano-studded floor of the Great Rift Valley.
After breakfast head out on a game drive in Lake Manyara National Park. Return to the lodge for lunch before continuing your journey to the Serengeti with some game viewing en route. Marvel at the endless plains as you enjoy peace and tranquility resting on the deck of the Serengeti Serena Lodge, your accommodation for the next two nights.
On this day after the breakfast you will enjoy a morning and afternoon game drive in the famous and game-rich Serengeti National Park, searching for the Big 5 and other wildlife.
Leave the Serengeti behind and drive back through the Ngorongoro Conservancy, viewing game as you go. Arrive at the Serena lodge located high on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater.
After an early breakfast the next morning, descend into the Crater in a safari vehicle for a spectacular morning game drive. The Crater has been declared a World Heritage Site, and is sometimes referred to as the world’s biggest wildlife zoo, due to its high density of resident game. After lunch back at the lodge, you’ll have the option to visit a Maasai village where local people have maintained their traditional ways.
Departing the Ngorongoro Conservancy descend out of the highlands as you journey pass the Maasai village of Mto wa Mbu for Arusha. Upon arrival in Arusha your safari comes to an end and you continue with your onward travels.
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned en suite tented camps and lodges
- Private safari guide
- Private 4 x 4 safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport
- Park fees
- Crater fees
- All meals whist on safari
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebooks.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
- International flights
- Tanzanian Visa
- All things of personal nature
- Tips for guides and cooks
- Items not specified in terms and conditions
- Extended tours not specified in the main package