Our 6 Day Group Joining Tanzania Camping Vacation tour is one of the most well-liked itineraries since it gives you the opportunity to spend a very acceptable length of time (two nights) in the Serengeti while also giving you the option to see Tarangire and Ngorongoro National Parks. To avoid retracing, you can either fly back from the Serengeti or complete the journey on foot (circular itinerary). Come along on this unforgettable excursion and recall amidst the beauty of nature. You can see the abundant wildlife that Tanzania has to offer.
- Group and private safari possible, rates will vary depending on this.
- Group size: Maximum 6 persons per pop up roof 4X4 vehicle
- Children from the age of 3 years are allowed to participate under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- Starting point and ending point: Arusha
- Language: English and Spanish speaking guides
- All park fees are included.
- Daily game drives
- Full-day tour at Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater
- Transportation in a 4×4 Land Cruiser with pop up roof
- See The Big Five (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, elephant, and buffalo)
- Visit top parks in Tanzania: Serengeti, Ngorongoro, and Tarangire
- 3 nights camping accommodation + 2 free hotel accommodation in Arusha
- 3 daily meals and drinking water
- Free airport transfers
Day 1: Kilimanjaro arrival and transfer to Arusha
Your Mkama Tours to Tanzania Limited guide will meet you at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) upon arrival and transport you to their Arusha office. You will be in good hands from the time you arrive to the time you depart because their guides are native Tanzanians and are familiar with both the nation and the city of Arusha.
- Accommodation: Arusha Tourist Inn Hotel
Day 2: Tarangire National Park game drive
After breakfast, the driver/guide will pick you up from the hotel and take you to Tarangire National Park. Large elephant herds are one of Tarangire’s most famous features. You will view the seasonal marshes, savanna, and Tarangire River from the open roof of the car while looking for various species like zebras, wildebeests, buffalo, elephants, and giraffes. A lion chasing its prey or a leopard watching and lounging in the branches above can be visible to you. After spending the entire day in the park, you will drive to the sun dazzling lodge and campsite, where you may unwind, eat dinner, and spend the night.
- Accommodation: Fanaka Campsite
Day 3: Serengeti National Park
After breakfast, drive up the crater highlands, stopping at the rim for a spectacular view of the Ngorongoro Crater. Continuing as far as the eye can see is the vast Serengeti. Serengeti means “endless plain” and this 6900 square miles (18000 square kilometers) park is inhabited by more than two million wildebeest. From January to April is the season when wildebeest give birth to their calves and also hundreds of thousands of plains zebras and Thomson’s gazelles. Large predators including lions, cheetahs, and hyenas are drawn to the area by this abundance of prey which migrates throughout the park. Many smaller animals like rock hyrax, bat-eared foxes, mongoose, honey badger, jackals, monkeys, baboons, and African hares also inhabit the area along with nearly 500 species of birds. After the game drive, you will return back to Seronera campsite/rest house.
- Accommodation: Seronera Campsite
Day 4: Full Day Game drive in Serengeti National Park
Today, you will wake up very early in the morning for a sunrise game drive. Later at noon, you will return back to the campsite/rest house for a brunch/lunch and then you will continue with the afternoon game drive. Later in the evening, you will drive to Simba campsite in Ngorongoro for overnight.
- Accommodation: Simba Campsite
Day 5: Game Drive in Ngorongoro Crater
Today, you will wake up very early to do an early morning safari before breakfast to spot the animals when they are more active and also to have a fantastic sunrise in front of you. The sunrise in the African Savannah is one of the most beautiful experiences one can have. You will then travel to Ngorongoro Crater, inhabited by almost every species of wildlife indigenous to East Africa including the rare black rhino. In fact, the crater has the greatest concentration of wildlife on the planet.
It contains a river, several swamps, and a soda lake that, from the top, looks like steam, full of flamingos, a forest and open plains. The large bull elephants that reside here have extremely large tusks, due to the rich mineral content of the volcanic soil and its grasses.
After a full day game drive, you can expect to be back in Arusha around 6:00 p.m. although it can be flexible if needed (i.e. flight to catch). Likewise, you will be transferred to curio shops where you can grab some souvenirs to take back home with you. After a long day in the crater and drive back to Arusha, you will spend the night at Arusha Tourist Inn Hotel.
- Accommodation: Arusha Tourist Inn Hotel
Day 6: Departure
Drop off to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO).
- Pop up roof
- Everyone gets a window seat
- Electric charger in the car
- Wi-Fi (not all the safari jeeps have)
- Radio call
- Professional guide
- 4×4 wheels drive
The inconvenience of a group safari
- Delays due to customer lateness
- Reduce in game drives’ time due to change in flight ticket and sickness
- Different accommodation customer choose, lodge, camping or mid-range
- Change in group members
- Can’t be customized like more game drive time or departure time
- Shared facilities like tents. You can request a private tent
Camping Safari Price inclusions
- Park fees
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- All Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water on all days
- Camping fee
- Camping equipment’s
Camping Safari Price exclusions
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Alcohol drinks
|PRICE INCLUDES||PRICE EXCLUDES|
|• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees|
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
|• Flights and airport taxes|
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.