This safari features some of the popular Northern Circuit game parks. With the Best of Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara Safari travel in custom designed 4×4 safari vehicles with open roofs for game viewing. This is a small group seat-in-vehicle safari with a maximum of 6 travelers per vehicle, all with window seats. Traveling for 4- days, the safari includes meals, accommodation, park entry fees and visit to Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater.
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY
Day 1: Arrive at Kilimanjaro Airport.
Arrive at Kilimanjaro Airport, After clearing customs, look for your Mkama Tours to Tanzania driver. He will be waiting for you, holding a sign with your name on it. Your driver will transport you to Springlands Hotel in Moshi or Arusha- Overnight (with dinner & breakfast)
Day 2: Drive from Moshi/Arusha to Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Drive from Moshi to Ngorongoro Conservation Area and visit Maasai boma then start walking/hiking Olemagrut about 4hrs walking and then back to Ngorongoro Wild Camp for Dinner and overnight FB.
Day 3 :Drive to Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast, drive to Ngorongoro Crater for a game drive inside the crater. This is the best place in Tanzania to see black rhino as well as the pride of lion that include the magnificent black-maned males. There are lots of colorful flamingoes and a variety of water birds. Other game that you can see includes leopard, cheetah, hyena, other members of the antelope family, and small mammals. Dinner and overnight at the Ngorongoro wild Camp – full board.
Day 4: Drive to Lake Manyara National Park.
This morning drive to Lake Manyara National Park. Set against the steep escarpment of the Rift Valley, you’ll find Lake Manyara National Park with its evergreen groundwater forest and variety of ecosystems including acacia woodland, grassy plains, a swampy fan delta, and – of course – the expansive lake. This diversity attracts a wide variety of mammal, bird, and wildlife species. Manyara is also home to rare tree-climbing lions. The park offers excellent game viewing with buffalo, impala, giraffe, bushbuck, waterbuck, hippos, and lots of elephants roam near the lake. Also look out for blue monkeys, vervet monkeys, and the very active Olive baboon troops. In the late afternoon drive back to Moshi for dinner and overnight Springlands Hotel. B&B
|PRICE INCLUDES||PRICE EXCLUDES|
|• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees|
• Hotel before and after the climb,
• All Park gate fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Chemical Portable toilet
• Flying Doctor Service
|• Flights and airport taxes|
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.